My Honest Facial Contouring 3-Set Surgery Review in Seoul

[썸네일]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/359d971dc71b4227949cde524beb11e9.jpg Direct answer summary I had a full facial contouring 3-set surgery package in Seoul, which for me included cheekbone reduction, jaw angle reduction, and chin reshaping. Overall, it was a big decision with a challenging first month of recovery, but I am very satisfied with the final results several months later. My face looks softer and slimmer from every angle, and I feel much more confident in photos and in daily life. The process required careful research, clear communication with the clinic, and realistic expectations, but I would make the same choice again. This is my personal review of the whole journey, from the first online consultation to my final follow-up, written for anyone overseas who is considering coming to Korea for facial contouring. Why I considered facial contouring 3-set surgery For as long as I can remember, I felt my face looked wide and heavy in photos. My cheekbones stuck out from the side, my jaw angles were very square, and my chin was short and a bit blunt. In selfies, I always tilted my head or used filters to soften the angles. In group photos, I tried to hide in the back or turn my face slightly. It was not that I hated my face, but I felt it did not match how I felt inside. I wanted a softer, more balanced facial line that looked natural, not like a completely different person. I was also approaching a big life change: a career move and more public-facing work. That made me think more seriously about doing something I had been quietly considering for years. I started researching facial contouring 3-set surgery, which usually combines cheekbone reduction, jaw angle reduction, and chin reshaping to create a more balanced lower face. I noticed that many of the before and after cases I liked were from plastic surgery clinics in Seoul. The results looked refined but still natural, and the clinics seemed very experienced with this type of combined surgery. I chose a reputable plastic surgery clinic in Seoul mainly because of three things: the consistency of their before and after photos, the detailed explanations on their website about safety systems and anesthesia, and the number of international patients they seemed to handle. I wanted somewhere that understood both the technical side of bone contouring and the emotional side of changing your face. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/0e61f061658a4106b392b6899a13fc9a.jpg Treatment overview: what the 3-set included for me Every clinic may define the 3-set slightly differently, but for me it included: Cheekbone reduction: To reduce my prominent side cheekbones and make my face look less wide from the front and three-quarter angles. Jaw angle reduction: To soften the square angles at the back of my jaw and create a smoother jawline. Chin reshaping: To slightly lengthen and refine my chin so that my profile looked more balanced and my face less short. The goal was not to create a tiny V-line at any cost, but to bring my cheekbones, jaw, and chin into harmony so my face looked softer and more proportionate. Who might consider facial contouring 3-set surgery From my experience and from what the surgeon explained, this kind of surgery might be considered by people who: Feel their face looks wide or boxy from the front. Have prominent cheekbones that stick out from the side. Have a strong or square jawline that they feel is too masculine or heavy for their preference. Have a short, recessed, or blunt chin that makes the face appear unbalanced. Want an overall softer, more refined facial line rather than a single isolated change. Are prepared for a significant surgery with a real recovery period, not a quick lunchtime procedure. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/db92b11fd967427d82381e1858bc1bb9.jpg It is important to have realistic expectations. This surgery can change your facial outline, but it will not turn you into a completely different person or a specific celebrity. For me, the best way to think about it was: the same person, but with a more harmonious bone structure. Online consultation and pre-visit preparation Because I live overseas, I started with an online consultation. The process was more detailed than I expected and helped me feel more comfortable before booking my flight. What I prepared for the online consultation: Clear front, side, and three-quarter photos without filters. Some photos of faces I liked, not to copy them, but to show the general direction I preferred (softer jawline, less wide cheekbones, slightly longer chin). My medical history, including previous surgeries, allergies, and any medications I was taking. A list of questions about anesthesia, safety, and recovery time. The clinic replied with a written assessment and then scheduled a video call. During the call, a consultant and later the surgeon discussed what might suit my face. They explained that a 3-set approach would likely give a more harmonious result than just changing one area, because my cheekbones, jaw, and chin all contributed to the wide, short look. They also sent a rough timeline for my Korea visit, including preoperative tests, surgery day, and follow-up visits. This helped me plan my accommodation and total length of stay. In-person consultation and planning in Seoul When I arrived in Seoul, I had an in-person consultation a couple of days before surgery. This was more detailed than the online one and included: Facial analysis: The surgeon examined my face from all angles, both at rest and when I smiled. Imaging: I had X-rays and 3D imaging taken so the surgeon could see my bone structure clearly. Discussion of the three procedures: The surgeon explained how much they planned to reduce the cheekbones and jaw angles, and how they would reshape the chin to match the new proportions. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/5d20be0c44074d5f8e5885148c2ed41b.jpg What impressed me was how much they focused on balance. They did not just say “we will make everything smaller.” Instead, they talked about how the cheekbones, jawline, and chin all affect each other. For example, if you reduce the jaw too much without adjusting the chin, the face can look unbalanced. If you reduce the cheekbones too aggressively, the midface can look flat. We also went over: Expected changes: They showed approximate simulations and explained what was realistic and what was not. Possible risks: Numbness, swelling, temporary asymmetry, and the fact that final results take several months to show. Preoperative tests: Blood tests, heart check, and other safety checks to make sure I was fit for general anesthesia. I appreciated that they did not promise perfection. They were clear that there would be swelling, that the face might look strange at first, and that small asymmetries are normal for every human face. Surgery day experience On the day of surgery, I arrived at the clinic in the morning without having eaten, as instructed. The atmosphere was calm but busy. The staff guided me through several steps: Final consultation: The surgeon drew some lines on my face, checked the plan again, and answered last-minute questions. Pre-op photos: They took detailed photos from multiple angles for their records and for comparison later. Consent forms and payment: I signed forms about the procedure, anesthesia, and risks, and settled the remaining payment. In the operating area, I changed into a gown and lay down on the bed. The anesthesiologist introduced themselves and explained how they would monitor me throughout the surgery. I was nervous, but the staff were reassuring, talking to me in a calm way and double-checking my details. The last thing I remember is the anesthesiologist telling me I would start to feel sleepy. The surgery itself, as explained to me beforehand, involved reshaping the cheekbones, smoothing the jaw angles, and adjusting the chin bone to create a more balanced contour. I did not feel or remember anything during the operation. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/7fa57b36dcdb42568b6ea9b2177600b0.jpg Immediate post-op and first week of recovery When I woke up, I was already in a recovery room. My face felt very swollen and tight, and there was a compression bandage around my head and chin. I could not speak clearly at first, and my throat was a bit sore from the breathing tube used during anesthesia. The first day: Swelling: My face looked huge, especially around the cheeks and jaw. Discomfort: It was more discomfort and pressure than sharp pain. The clinic gave me pain medication, which helped a lot. Bandages: I had a compression garment and some small dressings inside my mouth. The clinic kept me for monitoring for several hours and checked my blood pressure, temperature, and general condition. Once they were sure I was stable, I was allowed to go back to my accommodation with a caregiver. First week routine: Pain management: I took the prescribed painkillers and antibiotics on schedule. Diet: For the first few days, I could only handle liquids and very soft foods. Eating was slow and a bit messy, but manageable. Sleeping posture: I had to sleep with my head elevated to reduce swelling. This was uncomfortable at first but became easier after a few nights. Oral hygiene: Since the incisions were inside my mouth, I used a mouth rinse as instructed and was very careful about cleanliness. The clinic scheduled several check-ups during this period. They checked my swelling, changed or adjusted the compression band, and gave me treatments to help with swelling. They also reminded me of what to avoid, such as strenuous exercise, smoking, and drinking alcohol. Mid-term recovery: weeks 2 to 6 Around the second week, the worst swelling started to go down, but my face still looked puffy and a bit uneven. This is the stage where it is easy to panic if you are not prepared, because you do not yet see the final shape. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/985fe12e0ecb42ab8378d9074c8dbace.jpg Changes during this period: Swelling and bruising: Bruising faded gradually, and the swelling moved downward. My face still looked wider than I wanted, but I could see hints of a smoother jawline and less prominent cheekbones. Numbness and stiffness: Parts of my lower face felt numb or stiff, especially around the chin and jaw. The surgeon had warned me about this, and it slowly improved over the next few months. Daily life: I started going outside more, usually with a mask. I could do light activities and work on my laptop, but I still avoided heavy lifting or intense exercise. By the third or fourth week, I felt comfortable enough to meet close friends. Some of them said I looked different but could not exactly say why, because the swelling was still there. Others noticed a softer outline and said my face looked more refined. The clinic continued to monitor me with follow-up visits. When I had concerns about temporary asymmetry or numbness, they examined me and explained that these were typical parts of the healing process. This reassurance helped me stay patient. Final results after several months The most satisfying changes became clear around the three to six month mark. That is when I felt I could finally judge the results fairly. From the front: My face looks slimmer and less boxy. The cheekbones no longer stick out harshly, but my face does not look flat. The jawline is smoother and more tapered, without the strong square angles I had before. From the side: My profile looks more balanced. The chin has a slightly better projection and length, which makes my face look less short and more elegant. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/303527f481d940eeb7fbe7569360751d.jpg Overall, the result is exactly what I hoped for: a softer, more harmonious facial contour that still looks like me. People who did not know about the surgery just say I look more refined or that I lost weight in my face. Emotionally, the change has been significant. I am much more relaxed in photos now. I do not feel the need to hide my jaw or avoid certain angles. My self-confidence has improved, not only about my looks but also in how I present myself at work and in social situations. Comparing to my expectations: What matched: The overall slimming effect, the softer cheekbones, and the more balanced chin were very close to what the surgeon predicted. What was better: The natural look. I was worried about looking too obviously operated, but the result blends well with my features. What I would advise others: Be prepared for the long healing time. Do not judge your face in the first few weeks. And choose a clinic that focuses on balance and safety, not just dramatic changes. Expected Korea visit timeline for overseas patients My own timeline looked like this: Day 1 to 2: Arrival in Seoul, rest, and in-person consultation with imaging and tests. Day 3: Surgery day and return to accommodation with a caregiver. Days 4 to 7: Early recovery with several clinic check-ups. Weeks 2 to 3: Stitches check (if any external) or internal healing check, swelling care, and gradual return to light activities. Total stay: I stayed in Korea for about three weeks to feel safe and to have enough follow-up before flying back. Some people may stay slightly shorter or longer depending on their condition and the clinic’s advice. If you are planning to travel from overseas, discuss the recommended length of stay with the clinic in advance and do not rush your departure. Aftercare and long-term care The clinic gave me clear aftercare instructions, including: How long to wear the compression band. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/2abafc21959a4711bf501ddd3aebe23d.jpg How to clean my mouth and when to start gentle jaw movements. Which foods to avoid and when to reintroduce normal foods. When I could resume exercise, drinking alcohol, or other activities. They also reminded me that bone surgery takes time to fully settle. Even after the main swelling is gone, subtle changes continue for several months. Regular follow-up, even by online consultation after I returned home, helped track my progress. Frequently asked questions from my perspective Was it very painful? For me, it was more about discomfort and pressure than sharp pain. The first few days were the hardest, but the prescribed pain medication kept it manageable. By the second week, I felt more discomfort from swelling and stiffness than actual pain. How long until I looked presentable in public? This depends on your standards and lifestyle. With a mask, I felt okay going out after about two weeks. Without a mask, I started to feel comfortable seeing acquaintances after about four to six weeks, though the final refined look took several months. Will I look like a different person? In my case, I still look like myself, just with a softer and more balanced face. Close friends noticed a change, but it was not a shocking transformation. The key is choosing a clinic that aims for natural harmony rather than extreme changes. Are there risks? Any surgery has risks. The ones discussed with me included infection, bleeding, temporary or longer-lasting numbness, asymmetry, and dissatisfaction with the result. This is why preoperative tests and choosing an experienced team are important. Is it worth traveling to Seoul for this? For me, yes. I felt that the clinic’s experience with facial contouring and international patients made a big difference. However, it is a personal decision. You need to consider travel costs, time off work, and your comfort with being in another country during recovery. Overall evaluation of the Seoul clinic Looking back, I feel I made a good choice with the plastic surgery clinic in Seoul. Professionalism and friendliness: The medical team and staff were professional but also kind. They answered my many questions without rushing me and treated me with respect. [이미지복붙]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/09e19af7468346eeb4c553fa60a17c31.jpg Safety and clarity: I appreciated the thorough preoperative tests, the clear explanations about anesthesia, and the realistic discussion of risks and results. I never felt they were hiding information. Transparency about costs: The clinic gave me a detailed quote in advance, including surgery, anesthesia, and follow-up care. There were no surprise charges later, which is important when you are planning an overseas trip. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would recommend this type of facial contouring 3-set surgery at a reputable plastic surgery clinic in Seoul to others who have similar concerns and realistic expectations. It is not a small decision, and the recovery is not easy, but if you are well-prepared and choose your clinic carefully, it can be a very rewarding change. Soft call to action for online consultation If you are an overseas patient thinking about facial contouring 3-set surgery in Korea, my advice is to start with an honest online consultation. Prepare clear photos, be open about your concerns and goals, and ask detailed questions about safety, recovery time, and expected results. You do not have to decide immediately. Use the consultation to understand whether this type of surgery is suitable for you, what kind of changes are realistic, and how long you would need to stay in Korea. Taking the time to gather information calmly is the first step toward making a confident, informed decision about your face and your future. [이미지복붙][이미지링크=https://glamps.co.kr/outline_x.php?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=blog_organic]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/8de4c2a624dc4674b581ac853a1f1075.jpg [이미지복붙][이미지링크=https://tinyurl.com/u6ey2vsc]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/e41f958a330d441eb066dd068deaa890.jpg [이미지복붙][이미지링크=tel:02-543-0309]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/7c13774f125c4947944288ba78d01539.jpg [이미지복붙][이미지링크=https://tinyurl.com/4ef9d3em]https://contentsbox-images.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/transformed/fc172bc8f3a54045a2a8d23f8a6984c9.jpg

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Cheekbone Reduction Surgery Cost in Seoul: What Overseas Patients Should Know

Front Cheekbone Reduction Surgery in Seoul: A Practical Guide for International Patients

How To Choose A Double Jaw Surgery Ophthalmology Care Clinic In Gangnam, Seoul